Marrages & Weddings

Bride and groom, arm in arm

Echidnaville offers both marriage licences and civil wedding ceremony services.

Marriage Certificate

Every marriage in Ontario requires a Marriage Licence before the ceremony takes place.

  • Licences are issued at the municipal office from Monday to Friday, 8:30 am to 4:00 pm.
  • To avoid delay, applicants are encouraged to book an appointment in advance by contacting the Municipal Clerk.
  • Be sure to read the following information to ensure you have the information when applying for a licence.
  • A Marriage Licence Application form must be completed and signed by both parties to the marriage.
  • The form must be submitted in person by the applicant and/or joint applicant with the appropriate documents.

Marriage Licence Application



Age Requirements


Identification Requirements


Canadian Divorce


Foreign Divorce


Civil Ceremony / Weddings

  • An officiant from the Municipality of Middlesex Centre can perform civil marriage ceremonies.
  • The cost of an officiant to perform a ceremony is $250 (plus HST) during office hours, or $350 (plus HST) after business hours (officiant availability dependent).
  • For further information and/or to inquire about availability of an officiant, please contact the Municipal Clerk (Monday-Friday, 8:30 am - 4:30 pm).

Facility Rentals for Weddings

  • If you are interested in booking a community centre or park for your wedding shower, ceremony or reception, please visit our facility booking page. 

Marriage Certificate

Upon completion of a wedding ceremony, you can apply for your marriage certificate from the Registrar General through Service Ontario.